Wednesday, 30 October 2013
Tuesday, 29 October 2013
Monday, 28 October 2013
Character design development
During an alternate universe in present day where different countries take on different mythological values(?). World looks like ancient Greece combined with futuristic place with androids , robots, long pipes etc.
Technology to create robot-creature hybrids with the powers of mythical creatures to use to defend city, be an attraction to people or even do jobs in places of humans.
Government leader wants to take that technology and use it to eradicate other cities and take over with his/her own people and machines. Creating a word war. He /she has already begun to make small enhancements over years to them self as protection in an attempt to make them more powerful.
Hero is leader of a rebel group living in a city far from the government city. He/She believes a God told them that he/she must stop the tyrant using his machines against him.
Hero: Rebel Leader
Sidekick: Cyborg Greek Mythological creation rewired/reprogrammed to support rebel group
Villain: Tyrant who was put in power to rule the country, who began a major world war.
Sunday, 27 October 2013
Tuesday, 22 October 2013
Monday, 21 October 2013
Thursday, 17 October 2013
Tuesday, 15 October 2013
Monday, 14 October 2013
Sunday, 13 October 2013
Thursday, 10 October 2013
For the Character project, i was given 2 genres and 1 theme to work from:
MYTHIC: “Based on or told of in traditional stories; lacking factual basis or historical validity”
SCI FI: “a genre of fiction with imaginative content such as settings in the future, futuristic science and technology,space travel, parallel universes, aliens and paranormal abilities”
PATRIOTISM: “Feeling, expressing, or inspired by love for one's country.”
I have made up 3 influence maps to get some ideas going, one for each theme :
Sci Fi Map Mythic Map Patriotism Map
Wednesday, 9 October 2013
Tuesday, 8 October 2013
Monday, 7 October 2013
• During World War 2, Hitler rejected all but two forms of art; "Un-German degenerate art of the likes of Pablo Picasso and classical realistic art that represented all that was good about Nazi Germany and Germans." Art movements at the time such as Art Deco, and the Bauhaus were banned and shut down.
• Instead, Hitler wanted "visible representations of Nazi ideals", and employed architects like Albert Speer to design government buildings that would create a sense of awe, as well as appearing intimidating to others.
• The New Reich Chancellery in Berlin (office for German Chancellor) was designed by Speer with high columns and gigantic doors, with an eagle sculpture above the entrance in the Voss-strasse entrance, for "an awe-inspiring entrance to the seat of Nazi power."
• Speer's designs typically incorporated symmetrical designs, round columns, sculptures arranged symmetrically, with the focus on line.
Influence map made for the design of the Father's office room . I have looked at Nazi buildings for inspiration.
I also looked into the Art deco movement before learning that it was rejected by Hitler during ww2 however i have made an influence map for possible colour palette ideas for the room.
Friday, 4 October 2013
Wednesday, 2 October 2013
Unused story ideas for Narrative project.
1. Anne Frank inspired story –
• Point of view of animals e.g. mice crawling through holes in wood etc.
• Following Anne and family in the house,
• Mice go from frank room through hole in wood into the front of the building
to see Nazis coming in to find them
• Cut to another mouse or the same mouse or something traveling or something to
Aushwitz to see the diary .
• Diary becomes a museum made up of the pages from the diary etc for the mice/animals and remains until present day [preserved in a mouse hole]
2. Moulin rouge kind of thing.
Opens in a theatre as if it’s a film being shown in black and white, turn to colour
later? (lamp is the projector screen)
Story about a Hollywood actress during the war, and her sister. The sister is living in
[London] where the war is on. The actress is in Hollywood filming something (or is a
dancer or singer or something) .The sister and actress have sent each other letters,.
The last one maybe is important and the actress tosses aside or just ignores this
one letter,. Then cutting from actress acting and being glamorous and the sisters
home being bombed. (Bomb is the lamp at the end –or- the projector again)
3. Story of two children in the garden
Relationship between two children. Or a child and adult etc. One of the children’s
family has no money and cant buy rations. So he sits in the garden . the neighbor
throws an orange over the fence to the boy after hearing him sad or something.
Each day the neighbor tosses over a different fruit /throws over one extra fruit each
day, so 1, 2, 3, 4, etc.
The boy discovers that the neighbor is a Nazi soldier or something ….who is hiding
in the house to escape the Nazi duties.
Boy and Soldier exchange smiles ...
4. Animal story
•Following two mice or –cockroaches (cause they are known for surviving bombings
etc.) during ww2 .
•love story sort of thing, two animals travel through holes,
streets, trenches, etc to meet eachother, and they finally meet . (as cockroaches)
we see an army boot step on them when they are together, and when it lifts we see
them alive still .......
5. Boy and toys:
collects bits of scrap metal and shrapnel each day on the beach.
•boy daydreams about what is beyond the town he knows and is used to
• We see him go into a shed/into the family air raid shelter
•Eventually we see he has been building a .. (tree/plant/natural thing ) or (a toy plane)
•plane idea: He then gets in it and daydreams that he is flying over a pretty, green town with lots of plantlife ; utopia
6. Cartoon slapstick ideas
• Hitler attempting to give one of his speeches to german children ...?
- Things keep stopping him e.g. A giant safe falling on top of him
- Distractions keep taking the attention away from hitler and onto the thing (e.g. Safe has money?)
- Eventually hitler is reduced to having piano teeth
- Finally mob of [children] run on top of him to grab the [money] [sweets] and go away happily without any knowledge of hitler
- Cartoon circle ending bit