Thursday 25 October 2012

Creative Partnership

From Nadia
http://nadiayadallee.blogspot.co.uk/


really nice Vikki! I like the way you designed the cave-like elements, the composition and the atmospheric tones fits in well with your overall image, Well done :D on cinematic spaces: final concept - the natural cathedral

Hello vikki :) I really like the composition in this image, the human form compared to the sculptured image of the foot does express proportion and the sense of distance and space very well. In terms of tones colours, it does create a great atmosphere and would look nice with added detail to the mountains in the background in the developmental process. I also reckon adding a bit of mist would compliment the mystery and suspense that this image creates. on Cinematic Spaces: Developed Thumbnail

from jake
http://jakejbryant.blogspot.co.uk/

I agree about the colours. I like how the top image has a spectrum of colour within it and how it creates a nice atmosphere and mood within the environment :) Also in the second image, I think the composition is interesting as the stalactites act as a kind of frame for your image. Also the background lets the mind wander freely about what else exists beyond the aspects that are presented in the image, like how you described the water acting as a 'guide' to the eye :) on Cinematic Spaces: Digital Thumbnails


Hey again Vikki, I just caught this post before I went off, There's 3 more that really stand out to me here; 14 - I like the interesting position the statue is in, and could provide an interesting focal point for your concept. Also, with a foreground element, a nice background and some interesting lighting you could have a strong idea for a final concept. 17 - The way you have drawn this really makes the image stand out to me. I think that it would provide for an interesting foreground element for a painting. 25 - The composition is interesting and has a nice perspective which can make you feel as if you are walking down the passage way behind the huge statues :) on Cinematic Spaces: Drawn Thumbnails 10 - 26

Hey Vikki, Number 9 stands out to me. I like the use of space and I like the positioning of the statues and how there is a kind of 'plinth' in the middle of them. Without knowing much about your scenes, It immediately makes me think of a huge scale of an open room with limited light that has colossal statues towering over the other objects or people with in the space :) on Cinematic Spaces: (Solomon's Mines) Drawn Thumbnails 1-9


Hello Vikki, How is the Space and Environment unit coming along? As you probably know, we are creative partners and we have a green light review on the 11th coming up soon. Part of the criteria for our presentation is to present our active creative partnership. If you have any work to upload post it up (Trying to get others to post their work up as well) so we can all start conversing, or if you'd prefer get together in our group when everyone is available that would be fine too :) on Life Drawing Week 1


from Jebb

These digital thumbnails are great, it is clearly visibles which sketches you have developed, and the colours really illuminate the pictures, appearing almost alien. Excellent work. on Cinematic Spaces: Digital Thumbnails


Numbers #34 and #36 really create the essence of a dark, dank cave system with great composition of foreground and background subjects. on cinematic spaces: drawn thumbnails 34-39

Hey Vikki, You created a great atmosphere to the image, and it is clear you've thought of composition for the image. Great attention to detail, it really gives off a sculptural theme to the object, I feel that the background may need a bit more work to portray mountains, although it works well as clouds. onCinematic Spaces: Developed Thumbnail


Hey Vikki, Great work on the thumbnails, they really give a clear aspect of the scene and the scale of the sculptures. I feel that sketch no. 2 isn't as clear to me as the rest, but no. 5 and 9 clearly portray the sculptures as overpowering, connoting a god like status to the subjects. on Cinematic Spaces: (Solomon's Mines) Drawn Thumbnails 1-9


to Nadia

Hey Nadia, #11 and #13 and my favourites - I like how you have shaped the buildings to appear to be closing in over the viewer. I can see #13 being a good final piece! 
:)

Hi Nadia, your research looks nice and organised here! how are your thumbnails coming along? look forward to seeing your ideas :)

Hi Nadia, 77 - 80 are looking cool! i quite like 77, it makes the room feel dusty and dry, very atmospheric :)

to jake

Hey Jake. I agree with Samantha - This is a very interesting idea, I like the style you have chosen as influence. It'd be cool to see your own style merge with this one. 
:)

hi jake, 
I really like #4, #8 and #11.

#4: I like the the perspective in this one, it makes the viewer feel over powered by this building. 

#8 stands out to me too, i think if you used a similar perspective as in thumbnail 4 on this one, i think this image would make for a good final. 

#11 I also like this one, you could maybe expand on this one to show the surroundings, to show its size in comparison...( http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2278/2524856333_f60877145e.jpg - like this sort of thing?) :)

Hi Jake,

You've a lot of good research here. I can really get a sense of what your book is about. this is reminding me of 'New Eden' from Mirror's Edge - it might be worth looking into some of their concept art :)

http://mirrors-edge.webs.com/img/city10.jpg
hi jake, 
the project is coming along fine, just about to upload some thumbnails and such. admittedly i've not checked into blogger for a while until now. ok, im sure meeting as a group will help with our work, too :) 
anyway, your thumbnails here are looking good so far, it would be good to see some of your thumbnails based on your 'brave new world' extract done using photoshop too :)

Congratulations on finishing your final pieces - concept 2 looks great, i love the art style you have used !

to jebb

Hey Jebb. I like the top image, it gives a very lonely and isolated feel, which works well for a bottom-of-the-ocean setting. With your drawn/digital thumbnails, try to get as many posted as you can, so you can start developing them into your final pieces. :)

hi jebb,
i like #24, i like the idea of light beaming from the distance.
#25 gives a bit of a claustrophobic feel, which i think works well :)

Hi Jebb, 
I like #2 also - I think the colours work very well together too. How are your thumbnails going? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment